Dairy Product Technology 2
The aim of the course is to give participants a detailed knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of cheese production, characterisation, technology and biochemistry. The course also aims to equip participants for the modern cheese industry, and to think in an innovative fashion and to address the challenges faced in such an environment.
Participants will obtain knowledge on cheese chemistry, biochemistry, microbiology, physics and technology in the production of cheese, including the characteristics of, and basic differences between, cheese groups and varieties.
The course will enable the participants to:
- Apply obtained knowledge to cheese production and development of processing of new cheese varieties
- Apply critical analysis of cheese quality and characteristics
- Use and evaluate scientific information and knowledge concerning cheese, incl. all steps of production, ripening, and packaging.
- Comprehend the technology behind different cheese varieties and apply the biochemical principles of cheese ripening.
The course is offered as a single-subject course at the Faculty of Science. Single-subject courses typically run for seven to nine weeks with scheduled activities approx. one day per week.
You will be attending the course together with full-time students from the Faculty of Science, and you must meet various admission requirements. The course ends with an exam.
The number of places is limited, and they are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, so do not delay your application!
University of Copenhagen
- Department of Food Science
* in some semesters, the course may be run from another location. You will be informed about this upon registration.
SCIENCE Student Services
Tel: +45 35 33 35 33 - kl. 9.12:30 (closed Wednesdays)